14 October 2008

...of whom the world was not worthy.

I found out today that Marquis passed away two months ago. He drowned in a lake in Georgia, and I had to find this out through a friend who found out through Facebook.

He is gone. My grief has been combined with shock not only that this could happen, but that in this age of instant information I could not know that he was gone for so long. We have only spoken on the phone about every four months or so for the past two years, but still, it would seem that when something so final happens it would take less time to get around.

I am embarrassed to even be putting something so devastating and personal on this blog, but I don't have the energy to call and tell everyone. The few calls I did make today have completely wiped me out, and right now I am just trying to process what has happened. I am not able at this point to talk about who he was or what was lost when he left, because my children are screaming in the background and I don't even have a handle on what happened two months ago.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will all miss his smiling face...

Anonymous said...

It is still registering with me; how about you? The world was not worthy, you are right, and he is so missed. Each day I have been thinking of memories of him and all the neat things that made him special. It's still hard to believe it's true he's really gone.

"There are no guarantees."