It has been brought to my attention that I need to refocus my life and make room once again for more important things, like blogging.
Unlike some people, I don't have time for clever thoughts, interesting pictures or amusing videos. I have too many responsibilities, like keeping up with my best friend, amazon.com, that I might fantasize about all the things I could get my girls for Christmas, and then slip into a world of despair because I can't, and then slip even further because I realize with remorseful guilt that I have fallen prey to the commercialism and what about all the suffering in the world and where am I going to live in a month and a half and how dare I think about presents at a time like this. It is at about this point during the day that Eva starts screaming for some unknown reason, I start crying, and then Brendan walks in the door as my head lifts off spinning into the outer atmoshpere. Time for some Romans 8. I probably need to tear that page out and staple it to my forehead for safekeeping.
And yet, somehow, I still have time to dress my daughters in matching outfits, teach Estella about the joys and practicality of denominators, and of course dash a little Colbert in at the very end of the day.
Excerpts from last night's trip to the grocery store (which doubled as Eva's special time alone with mommy):
At the turkey freezer: "Daaaddy, we're getting a turkey. We're getting a turkey, daddy. Ohp! You can't hear me, daddy." (turns to me) "Daddy can't hear me."
This dialougue was repeated throughout the store, respective to whatever we happened to be putting into the cart.
1 comment:
Now those are the important things in life!
Post a Comment