Libi has five teeth, is crawling proficiently, and is pulling up to stand. At her most recent doctor's appointment, she is deemed healthy and beautiful. My unofficial diagnosis was not so glowing. Her doctor suggested that I begin weaning, or at least backing off considerably and expanding my dairy-less diet to include dairy once again. She told me I looked like a pale, withering flower, which is almost as flattering as when Brendan told me I looked like I had consumption.
Eva is currently being "worked on". We had to temporarily separate Estella into the office to sleep for a few nights so we could make Eva realize that we did not in fact have to answer to her every whim in the middle of the night, which we were doing in order that poor Estella did not lose sleep. Brendan told her that she wasn't allowed to get up until it was light out, and surprisingly enough, it worked. She is now sleeping through the night without interruption and not getting up at 5:30am. Well, mostly. Brendan confessed yesterday that he did slip her some milk at midnight right before he went to bed once. Otherwise, she's doing better.
Estella is blossoming fully into her 8-year-old-ness. Thanks to some great Christmas gifts, she has been enjoying growing out of little kid toys and into bigger things, like reading, typing, emailing, playing computer games, working on craft projects, etc. She has been a big help around the house, and is at this very moment helping Brendan help Caleb and Katie move into their new house.
I am trying to practice resting. In the Lord, anyway, and maybe some actual resting, too. I've been forced into it with sickness, fever and infection, so maybe I'll learn a small lesson here and slow down.
Brendan is looking for a job. As we all know, this is not a fun or uplifting process, so please keep him in your prayers.
We are all so thankful for our family and friends, who have all been so loving and supportive to us in practical, spiritual and emotional levels. We know that we are indebted to all of you who have loved us not just in word, but in deed. May God bless you all this coming year, and may we in turn be a blessing to you and all those around us.
Here is a little coverage of the graduate.
These are the Moss and Johnson children during the 2 minutes they were all actually seated at the beginning of the graduation ceremony.
Libi and I during part of the pacing ritual, an unsung but vital part of the graduation process.
Here are Pop Pop and Estella hailing the conquering hero. Actually, this was a glimpse of us trying to get Brendan's attention so he could see where we were sitting. It took Ian and his red sweater and a few other things to get him to look our way.
On the right Estell and Pop Pop again. On the leftt, that would be my brother's child. Ivy.
Eva and Ivy looking on...
The Nashville Mosses, proudly supporting the graduate husband-father.
1 comment:
I think the doctor may be right. :) Don't worry you will get your bloom back.
Post a Comment