21 June 2009

Housesitting in the Carolinas: DAY TWO

We have just completed our second full day here, and by completed, I mean everyone in their proper beds. I only just finished up with Estella and Eva, who had to get back out of bed to complete the number two she had started earlier this evening. As she was on the toilet, I was tucking Estella in, and when I went back to check in on her, I asked, "Are you done yet?" She replied, "Yep, mm hmm." She leaned forward to show me her accomplishment, "There's my little family." There were several pellet-sized treasures floating around that apparently somehow represented her family, which she further specified included Ivy and Ari.

I discovered that capitalism is something I am not gifted at tonight when I "taught" Estella how to play the real game of Monopoly, which means she was whipping my pants off. Prior to this, she had only ever played Monopoly Junior, which is a much less complicated, not quite as openly capitalistic version of the game. Thank goodness monopolies were outlawed.

The girls played in the sprinkler today. Mostly Estella played in it until she turned down the water so low that it was only knee-high on Eva. At first, when I asked Eva if she wanted to jump through the sprinkler, she just said "No thanks. I'll get wet." They both ended up having a great time in the end, as always.

I believe the dogs outside are progressing through their training program, since Estella was out there again today and reported back to me that Mini knows how to 'sit' and 'down'. I didn't ask if the other two had learned these commands as well from observation.

Libi, who has been wielding the "mine" sword quite a bit lately, was reaching for her sippie cup on the table today and yelping, "Mine! Mine!" louder and louder because she couldn"t get a grip on the cup. I guess she thought the table was trying to outmaneuver her.

Overall, I feel that we have completed our second day with flying colors. We all slept through the night again, and only had one minor hiccup in the middle of the day when Eva misplaced "Spots". "Spots" is a dalmation beanie baby that she decided was her soul mate as soon as we got here. We still have not found "Spots", but we hope that he is alive and well somewhere in the house.

Over and out.

3 comments:

.Bird. said...

Wow...

I'm bringing your type-writer and accoutrements when I come.

and I'm assuming Spots is Sparky, the beanie baby? He was my very first and I was quite attached to him as well... maybe Estella took him outside for training?

EmJ said...

Ivy is constantly talking about Eva and calling her a friend. When I try to correct her and explain that she is her cousin, she states: "No she is my friend because I like her" and of course when Ivy talks about Eva, Ari starts chanting "EEEEVA" just like Wall.E.

Nathanaelbendavid said...

I'm glad know that my children are as important to Eva as a hard-earned poopy.