01 September 2008

makin' a crabby patty



Libi kept us up late last night and got up early this morning, as she has been doing every day for the past week or two. This morning, she rolled back and forth between Brendan and I clawing us and smiling. As you can see, she finds this all very amusing.

Eva came running into the livingroom last night displaying very excitedly a hamburger made with her play food. When I asked her if she made a hamburger she looked at me blankly for a moment, and then brightened up, waving her burger and shouting, "I made a crabby patty!" She then proceeded for the next half-hour to dance around the house with her burger singing a song about Mrs. Puff and Mr. Crabs. I don't even want to know what this says about our parenting skills.

Estella got to go hang out with Nakota yesterday (my cousin Josh's girlfriend). Nakota had the day off, and took Estella out to eat, then brought her back to their apartment and had a girlie afternoon of painting nails, fixing hair, and watching High School Musical. Her hair turned out very princess-like, so when she came home, Eva was in awe. Estella very sweetly "fixed" Eva's hair, too, and the two played princess for a while. Eva kept running out of the bedroom and yelling, "WHEEERE'S Sleeping BEAUTY?!"I'm assuming Estella was Sleeping Beauty. I tried to quickly promote the Princess Pull-Ups I had to buy, since they don't carry the Toy Story Pull-Ups for boys that she likes at Costco, and asked her if she was Cinderella. She still doesn't want to wear the Princess Pull-Ups.


Estella has been toying with the idea of getting a hair cut, and I am trying not to think about it. She keeps standing in front of the mirror holding her hair up to see what it would look like if it were short. If she decides to go for it, Brendan will be taking her to see Marlese (our hairdresser, aren't we special), not me.

3 comments:

EmJ said...

So ya...speaking of quoting...When I got home from work today Ivy had on her underwear, sunglasses, and was pulling her Thomas back pack behind her and told me, "I can't stay here and have my life lived for me"

Nathanaelbendavid said...

Estella looks like a young mom in that last picture.

iarenashviller said...

Wow.