04 December 2008

all I want for Christmas

Today was Eva's first dentist appointment. Brendan was able to rearrange his schedule so he could come in, because knowing Eva, there was no way to predict her reaction to this first experience. He went back with her, and I only heard two blood curdling screams at the beginning. I was informed afterward that the screams were a prequel to the actual exam/cleaning, and had nothing to do with them, but were in fact because she was told she had to wait until after the cleaning to get her balloon. Once she recovered from that, she was fine. Of course, this was largely in part because they brilliantly installed tv's above the chair, so the child could just lay there hypnotized throughout the cleaning. She also got to sit next to Estella, and they both got cleaned at the same time, so I'm sure that helped, too. Both of them have clean, well cared-for teeth, although Estella has a crossbite or something like that. They both got balloons at the end, along with toothbrush and floss, which Eva proudly pulled out after brushing her teeth tonight and dragged around the house for the cat to chase.

These pictures don't have anything to do with the dentist appointment, but are simply cute pictures of Libi adoring her cute self.




2 comments:

EmJ said...

I haven't had my teeth "cleaned" in over three years now. That's more than 6 cleanings that I have missed. I was on the "No cavity club"...who knows where I am now. Looking forward to having dental insurance again.

I'm curious to see how Ivy will be with her first cleaning. She is great with the Pediatrician. Maybe I should get her some dentist tools to play with, and keep her from watching Finding Nemo for a while. :)

.Bird. said...

oh dear oh dear...

so cute (Libi that is)!

and that reminds me that I haven't had my teeth cleaned in years either... scary thought.

I still hate the dentist. They never let me watch TV or gave me any balloons!