Here are a few pictures that we took for Mother's Day.
We are all having a jolly time here. I had a great birthday, many wonderful gifts and great time spent with family and friends and a tenpointfive pound cheesecake. I am doing better than I did last birthday, when I crossed the dreaded line into the 30's and got in a fight with a dachsund owner down the street. Getting adjusted. Anyway. I have a renewed excitement for some of my projects, since I am getting a lovely Galaxy 11 typewriter (en route), a hook up with an editor from Thomas Nelson who will read my book when I finish it and give me some pointers (which means I need to get to work), and was blessed with some money to fill in the blanks and get my typewriter ribbon, some squishy flip flops, pens (Brendan steals all my good pens), mascara and eyeliner (lots of this is requred for the brooding eccentric writer), along with some other things which I will not bore you with at this time.
The other day when I was at the lovely Target purchasing some of the above-mentioned items, I took Eva to the toy department and told her she could pick out an animal to add to her extensive collection, since she was such a good girl the whole time 'mommy was shopping'. After careful and painful consideration, she chose the alligator, "so it can chase my horses and eat them." She got the alligator, and it has been terrorizing the local supply of horses in the toy box upstairs.
While walking around the neighborhood yesterday, choosing our route carefully so as not to run into either of the two pitbulls that have rushed on us or the road with all the ticks falling out of trees and jumping up from the grass, Estella and I got into a conversation on the logistics of dog training. She had been telling me about this great book she saw called "Dog Training for Dummies" that she saw, at which point I assured her that I knew all about dog training. She said, "I know you're not a dummy, mom." and I said, "I didn't think you thought I was", but I felt silly because I had only been trying to show her how cool I was. To prove this, I further informed her that I had had experience at dog shows and in 4-H and even the county fair. Yes, the county fair. And she started laughing and said, "4-H? Isn't that a country thing to do?" ha ha ha ha. And, "A county fair? Is that like in Charlotte's Web?" Mmhmm, I said.
Libi is doing well. Still stuck on the pacifier and not terribly interested in walking.
3 comments:
Those are all my girls... typewriters, alligators, 4-H and all...
a country thing to do.....
Love the pic with you and Eva
Post a Comment