Eva: W
Me: Cookies
Eva: (pointing to the filling) Is this chocolate?
Me: Nope. It's fig.
Eva: I like figs. (without tasting it)
Me: Mmhmm. Jesus liked figs, too. (well He did)
Eva: Yeah! And
Estella: This year I'm going to be Santa.
Eva: (tastes cookie) I don't like figs. I like chocolate.
Estella: Because every other year someone else has gotten to eat all the cookies. (Refresher: Estella had an earth-sh
We are settling into our temporary apartment. The girls are very happy to be back with Daddy, and to have the mandatory cable TV. Estella says she likes tiny, cozy homes, but I realized the other day that both of the cozy little places we've had were equipped with cable TV.
Despite the horrifying nature of our trip, the girls and I had a lovely time in SC, and we even got to see Papa, who unexpectedly returned from Munich for a couple of weeks before he and Mom head off for France to help out with the Morrises missions team for a week or so.
4 comments:
What is the story with Santa?
are you referring to Eva or Estella? Estella figured out that Santa isn't real, and I have no idea why Eva thought of Santa in that particular conversation.
Sorry, I was wondering when and how Estella "figured" it out. Is there a good story behind it?
Yes, she was sitting in the back of the van and randomly said to me, 'mom, I think I need to thank you and daddy for the typewriter' (which she had received from Santa). I said, 'oh yeah?'. Then I told her that whatever she asked me, I would tell her the truth if she wanted to know. So she asked if we gave it to her, and I said yes. She's decided that it will be fun to play along with the little ones, though. :)
Post a Comment