Our phone call to Ivy today to wish her a happy birthday:
Me: Did you make a birthday wish yet?
Ivy: No, not yet. But I will. (long pause)
Me: Can you tell me what it is, or is it a secret?
Ivy: I'm thinking. (another long pause) I wish I could be an adult.
When asked to elaborate on this, "I don't get to do anything. Like cook." Then she said, after another prolonged and silent deliberation, "I get three more because that wasn't a very good one."
Then: "I wish that Daddy would let Mommy have a dog when we get to our new house, and that Daddy and Mommy would have a new baby. I still have three more. I wish I could watch a special movie before bed." Another very long pause. "And I wish I could climb trees like Daddy." Yet another long pause. "Are you there?" Yes, Ivy, we're here. "OK, well I'll call you back when I get my next wish and tell you what it is. Bye."
We love you, Ivy. Happy Birthday!
15 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's my girl. I'm glad that she is wishing all the things I'm wishing about dogs and babies! :)
Not sure what the whole 3 more thing was about.
I'm very sad that we were not all together for her birthday, but we are going to make it special when we get to our new house.
Thanks for calling her!
Post a Comment