"Eva, where did you put the ____?" (I can't remember now exactly what it was.)
"I think it went to eraser land."
"Where is eraser land?"
"It's in the nest."
"Where is the nest?"
"It's way up there in the tree."
"What tree?"
"That one, up there, where the fairies and birds come."
This conversation went on even further before I gave up. Give or take a few minor changes, this is what I get lately any time I ask Eva where anything is. Most of the time things are going to pony land, or fairy land or some such place.
Libi is now telling me every time she soils herself, and she even goes so far as to differentiate between which type of movement she is having. This makes me long to potty train her, since I have been changing diapers for over three years straight, now. She is still too young, but we do let her sit on the potty sometimes for practice. I caught her trying to hike her leg up onto the toilet one day, and decided to at least let her try it out.
Estella wrote this email to Brendan last night:
dear dad,
Iove you. wile you are looking at houses it would make me happy if we got
a small house because small houses are nice and cozy and thats why I like them so if you could do that, that would be great(mom would like a small house to I think.
Love Estella
(All photos except Libi on the can courtesy of Estella, which is why she doesn't appear in any of them.)
5 comments:
great updates! Wow. What ever will you do when Libi is out of diapers??? Love to all, Mimi
I can't believe that is Libi on the toilet...how long has it been since I have see you guys!?!?! She looks SOOOO BIG!
Can't wait to see you guys.
By Darwin's beard! What great luck is mine! I have but two sisters, and both of them have offered up spectacular internet posts filled with lots of interesting information and photographs of their interesting lives.
by Zeus' toga! Finally at last, now we know what the goings-on have been. Thankee thankee kindly.
Libi's eyes look like mini-me in that potty picture...
and don't let mom sell the tiny black pup(the runty one) because she needs me and I love her.
and eraser land sounds pretty grand.
oh and by mini-me, I mean mini-ME (ie: me when I was a baby) - not the movie mini-me *shiver*
oh and it just occurred to me that you should sell that picture of Estella/Madeline (on the top of your blog) to a calendar or something... seriously. seriously.
Post a Comment